Two weeks ago we invited you to hand in your iBeacon business ideas. A wild variety of ideas were sent to us, from fun games and real business propositions to innovative ideas contributing to quality of life and our society. Thanks for your enthusiasm!
Please check out five (random) examples of these iBeacon ideas.
- iBeacons to give directions to find a parking space: On parking locations as you are driving in, you receive a message that the first 2 floors are full and that there are some free spots available on the third floor.
- iBeacons to replace race chip timing systems: Imagine iBeacons could be used for running, walking or skating events for checkpoint tracking and afterwards to retrieve personal sport videos and pictures.
- iBeacons to unlock doors, lifts and bollards to improve logistics and save lives: Staff can use beacons as a key or identifier indoors when carrying a Beacon within a warehouse, logistics centre or hospital. The lock detects the iBeacon and opens an entrance door. Think of people in a forklift truck or ambulance personnel. You can also use it for internal logistics to identify where the forklift trucks are in the building and measure distances and speed. Outdoors this can be used by (public) emergency services, as streets in the city centre are sometimes blocked by bollards emergency vehicles carrying an iBeacon should be able to unlock these automatically as soon as an emergency service arrives.
- iBeacons informing crowds in order to manage crowds at large events: When there is an emergency in a crowd during concerts or in shopping malls, as a crowd manager you can’t rely on the data connection. With beacons you will be able to flexibly broadcast messages to a group of people during incidents or overcrowding.
- Interactive Tourism & City Marketing with iBeacons: Tourists visiting a different city don’t need to look at their map to get directions. It can be given to them directly, based on their location. If you have an iBeaconon places of interest, tourists can listen to audio, watch a video, get directions or learn about nearby restaurants, shops or police stations.
Better ideas? Please let us know, we are currently building the two winning prototypes from last request for ideas! Please email us with your idea at email@example.com
Watch the video on iBeacons World Cup Memory Game.